您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 职场无忧 >> 正文

职场友谊小建议 Say "Yes" to Office Friendship(2)

  Smart Sentences
  
  ① Then chances are she thinks you're pretty cool too. 那么她也很有可能对你抱有同样的看法呢。
  chances are…: it's very likely that sth. is true(某事很可能是真的)。例如:
  Chances are I don't need to work overtime this week.
  这个星期我很可能不用加班了。
  
  ② All I could do was talk shop! 聊天时我三句不离本行。
  talk shop: talk about one's work, usu. boring for others(三句话不离本行,说行话)。例如:
  I hate it when people talk shop at non-work-related parties.
  我讨厌人们在与工作无关的聚会时老谈自己的工作。
  
  ③ If she's into art, bone up on Picasso. 如果她爱好艺术,那么就研究研究毕加索。
  bone up on sth.: learn about a subject for some purpose(为某种目的突击钻研某种学科等)。例如:
  I have spent the last few weeks boning up on e-business before this interview.
  我为了这次面试花了几个星期突击了解电子商务。
  
  ④ It sounds like you guys are cut from the same cloth. 听起来你们俩有着共同点。
  cut from the same cloth: share a lot of similarities(有许多相似之处,一路货)。例如:
  When people say Adam and I are cut from the same cloth, it's not just because we like the same kind of movies, but we also share the same views in politics, literature and fashion.
  他们说我跟亚当是一路货,不仅因为我们的电影口味相似,还因为我们在政治、文学和时尚方面的看法一致。
  
  ⑤ You don't want the spark of friendship to go out, but you also don't want to burn down the house. 你不想友谊的星星之火熄灭,但你同时又不想这火把房子都烧掉了。
  burn down the house: destroy the entire structure, ruin sth. completely(毁坏整个结构,彻底破坏某事)。例如:
  You should find ways to fix the project. Burning down the house is the last thing you want to do.
  你应该找到调整项目的办法,彻底放弃应该是最后不得已的事。
  
  ⑥ A “yes” may be right around the corner. 也许很快就会得到一个肯定的回答了。
  around the corner: sth. is to happen very soon(某事将很快发生),英国人也说round the corner。例如:
  Some predict that a double dip recession is around the corner.
  有人预测,经济二次探底很快就会到来。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部