您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 口语发音 >> 口语会话 >> 正文

“走”出别样风景 Right up My Alley(2)


  
  Smart Sentences
  
  ① That's the spirit! 正要如此!
  That's the spirit! = That's the right spirit!
  That's the spirit!: used to express approval of others' attitude and energy(表达对对方态度和干劲的赞许)。例如:
  I heard you bought a couple of books on corporate mergers and are ready to tackle the case. That's the spirit.
  我听说你买了两本公司并购方面的书,为对付这个案子作好了准备。这种干劲对头。
  
  ② She'd bust a gut laughing. 她肯定会笑破肚皮的。
  bust a gut laughing: laugh very hard(笑破肚皮)。例如:
  When I heard the new comer asked for RMB 5,000 a month, I bust a gut laughing. She must be out of her mind.
  我听说新来的人要求五千块的月薪后,都笑破肚皮了。她简直是疯了。
  
  ③ You're spry as a fox. (您)是这样的活力十足!
  spry as a fox: very lively and active(非常有活力,敏捷)。例如:
  Though my grandma is 70 years old, she is spry as a fox.
  虽说我奶奶已经70岁了,但还是非常敏捷。
  
  ④ I'm so out of shape though. 我虽年轻,身体却没有那么好。
  out of shape: not in good physical condition(身体状况不佳)。例如:
  Keep exercising regularly, or you'll get out of shape.
  要定期锻炼,不然身体就会出问题。
  
  ⑤ I barely have time to eat let alone exercise. 我几乎都没时间吃饭,更不要说锻炼了。
  let alone sb. or sth.: used to indicate the latter is more true than the former(更不用说)。例如:
  I didn't invite Mr. Aloan, let alone the rest of his family.
  我连阿龙先生都没有邀请,更不用说他的家人了。
  
  ⑥ That sounds right up my alley. 这正合我的胃口。
  up sb.'s alley: sth. is of sb's favor(正合某人的胃口)。例如:
  Getting up late and playing games all day on weekends is up my alley.
  在周末睡个懒觉,整天打游戏正合我的胃口。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部