您现在的位置: 快乐英语网 >> 阅读天地 >> 人生百味 >> 正文

我还是非常“爱”你 Ten Years and Still Getting to Know Each Other(2)


  
  Our relationship has evolved and matured over the years. We're even able to communicate without saying a word to each other. For example, if I'm on the couch watching a football game and a pumpkin lands on my head, I know that Malathi needs help in the kitchen.
  我们的关系这么多年来不断加深,越趋成熟。我们甚至能够不用一言一语就能沟通。譬如说,如果我坐在沙发上看橄榄球比赛而突然有一个南瓜落到我头上,我就知道玛拉丝要我去厨房打下手。
  
  All relationships change over time, and it's important to adapt to the changes. Just look at what I've adapted to from “then” to “now.”
  所有的关系都会随着岁月的变迁而发生改变,重要的是要适应这种改变。看看我是如何适应那些从“曾经”到“如今”的改变。
  
  Then: Leaves romantic “I need you like I need food and water” note on the dining table.
  Now: Leaves 6)frantic “I need you to buy some food and water” note on the dining table.

  曾经:把话语浪漫的“我需要你就如我需要水和食物”的字条留在餐桌上。
  如今:把书写潦草的“我要你去买水和食物”的字条留在餐桌上。
  
  Then: Offers to make tea in the evening.
  Now: Shouts “Where's my tea?” while checking Facebook.

  曾经:主动要求在晚上沏茶。
  如今:一边登录脸谱网一边嘶吼“我的茶怎么还没到?”
  
  Then: Gives compliments such as “You're so sweet! 7)Take a bow.”
  Now: Gives advice such as “You're so sweaty! Take a bath.”

  曾经:给予这样的赞美词——“你真香!弯下身来(给我抱抱)。”
  如今:给予这样的建议——“你真臭!洗洗澡吧。”
  
  Then: Finishes my sentences without thinking.
  Now: Finishes my sandwiches without thinking.

  曾经:想都不用想就能把我想说的话说完。
  如今:想都不用想就能把我的三明治吃完。
  
  Actually, the last one isn't completely true. She still occasionally finishes my sentences. Just the other day, I said, “How many pairs of shoes...” and she said, “would my husband like to 8)dodge on a Sunday afternoon?”
  其实,最后那一条倒不是真的。她现在不时还能把我想说的话说完。有一天,我说“有多少双鞋……”然后她接口道:“我丈夫是不是想在星期天下午躲起来?”
  
  That's a special code, of course.
  当然,那是一种特殊代码。
  
  She means the world to me, too.
  她对我来说,还是一切。

上一页  [1] [2] 

回到顶部