Lesson 52 A pretty carpet 漂亮的地毯
First listen and then answer the question.
听录音,然后回答以下问题。
What is the writer's carpet made of?
We have just moved into a new house and I have been working hard all morning. I have been trying to get my new room in order. This has not been easy because I own over a thousand books. To make matters worse, the room is rather small, so I have temporarily put my books on the floor. At the moment, they cover every inch of floor space and I actually have to walk on them to get in or out of the room. A short while ago, my sister helped me to carry one of my old bookcases up the stairs. She went into my room and got a big surprise when she saw all those books on the floor. 'This is the prettiest carpet I have ever seen,' she said. She gazed at it for some time then added, 'You don't need bookcases at all. You can sit here in your spare time and read the carpet!'
New words and expressions 生词和短语
temporarily adv. 暂时地
inch n. 英寸(度量单位)
space n. 空间
actually adv. 实际上
参考译文
534. We have just moved into a new house and I have been working hard all morning.
我们刚刚搬进一所新房子,我辛辛苦苦地干了整整一个上午。
535. I have been trying to get my new room in order.
我试图把我的新房间收拾整齐,
536. This has not been easy because I own over a thousand books.
但这并不容易,因为我有1,000多本书。
537. To make matters worse, the room is rather small, so I have temporarily put my books on the floor.
更糟糕的是房间还非常小,所以我暂时把书放在了地板上。
538. At the moment, they cover every inch of floor space and I actually have to walk on them to get in or out of the room.
这会儿,书把地板的每一点空隙都占据了,我实际上是踩着这些书进出房间的。
539. A short while ago, my sister helped me to carry one of my old bookcases up the stairs.
几分钟前,我妹妹帮我把一个旧书橱抬上了楼。
540. She went into my room and got a big surprise when she saw all those books on the floor.
她走进我的房间,当她看到地板上的那些书时,大吃一惊。“
541. 'This is the prettiest carpet I have ever seen,' she said.
这是我见过的最漂亮的地毯,”她说。
542. She gazed at it for some time then added,
她盯着“地毯”看了一会儿,又说:
543. You don't need bookcases at all. You can sit here in your spare time and read the carpet!
“你根本用不着书橱,空闲时你可以坐在这儿读地毯!”